ARRIS D5 QAM CONFIGURATION
There are basically two portion of QAM for insertion of Service in Arris D5 QAM. One is input portion and second one is output portion.
We need to pass our service first in input portion then after we need to go for output portion. Input portion contains all the multicast IPs weather it is in GB1 port or GB2 port of QAM. Basic homepage interface of Arris D5 QAM is mentioned below ,
Steps For Service Insertion In Arris D5 QAM
(1) Goto the configure and click multicast in drop down menu.
(2) In the multicast section all the multicast IPs will show and as we can see below in screen shot we need to first select the interface threw which you are inserting multicast IPs in the Arris D5 QAM weather it is
for example we selected the GB2 port for insertion of service and our multicast IP is 126.96.36.199 and source address will be blank. Then click the Add button in the right. After adding this IP it will show below in listing of IPs. Right now the SDV status will “waiting” for this IP because it is not yet passed in output.
(3) Now go to configure and open “QAM UDP Port Mapping”.
(4) As you can see below in screen shot we need to first select the QAM interface Name.So we are adding this service 188.8.131.52 for UPD 5024 in the second card of QAM ,in the second port of QAM where stream number is 2. Program number is known as SID (Service ID) of service. Now click apply new port map.
(5) After clicking apply new port map it will look like that,
Now click Apply Changes. So this service have passed in output.
(6) If you want to pass PIDs in this stream then you need go to SI Streams and by selecting QAM interface name, add the PIDs as mentioned below,
This is all about how to insert a service in Arris D5 QAM or how to do Arris D5 QAM Configuration.
Know More About What Is Digital Headend Or Cable TV Headend